skip to main |
skip to sidebar
To all you wonderful mothers out there…
I’m starting to put together a list of everything we’ll need for this tiny baby. So, I’m asking for advice on all the items you just couldn’t live without and the best brands for things. From bottles to strollers, please let me know. Thanks everyone!
9 comments:
We didn't care for the diaper genie. Billy actually hated it!!
As for bottles we loved the soothie brand. Same for pacifiers.
Pampers are the best diapers for newborns....just our opinion. Every baby is different.
We bought a bottle warmer for the car and it was a life saver/time saver. They sell them at babies r us. Hope this helps a little.
Me and Bran love the diaper genie! I also love having a changing pad that sits up higher so you don't have to change them on the ground. I also love pampers diapers. I love the swaddle me blankets that wrap around their arms and legs-safer for sleeping. I love our bassinet we got the kolcraft easy reach one. As for strollers and car seats we just used our one that we had with Brax so it is a little outdated so I would ask someone else. I love the Britax brand one I bought for Brax's second carseat and they make infant ones-they are just more expensive. I love the gown sleepers that have no footies for the beginning-you can just get at wal-mart. I love our boppy bouncer and I've heard that people love the boppy nursing pillows-if you are nursing. Sorry for the long list!! If I think of anything else I'll let ya know!
Hey, Carly! I LOVE my boppy pillow -not just for nursing but the baby loves to lie in it, it's also great for tummy time. Graco travel system is AWESOME, we've loved ours and have had no problems with it. The stroller is really light and easy to move. We got the Diaper Champ instead of genie just cuz you can use whatever bags you want w/ it and we LOVE it. That we couldn't live w/o. Also a baby bouncer..gotta have one. :) I could probably go on forever. :) I'm so excited for you and Greg, parenthood is the best!
I also love the pampers newborn diapers...try and buy the kind with the yellow strip going down the front. It changes colors when your baby is wet. If you are planning on nursing...you may want to invest in a Medela automatic breast pump. It is the best, especially at first when your body makes way more milk than your little baby could possibly drink. Also buy Lanolin-I liked the spray on kind. You will be glad you have this even after the first time your nurse. Medela nipple shield saved my life. I only used it a couple of times when the pain was too severe but, it was totally worth it. Make sure you have breast pads and burb cloths. Again, these are just ideas for if you are nursing. Good luck! OH-And CONGRATS on the boy!!! Boys are the best!
Congrats on having a boy! Little boys always make a daddy so proud :)
Looks like you already have tons of suggestions but I'll add a few:
-I have loved AVENT bottles.
-Cloth baby diapers make GREAT burp rags
-Don't bother with shoes, they never seem to keep them on
-A playmat and a baby swing are definite must haves so you can eat dinner or get stuff done during the day
And I would TOTALLY recommend to anyone to get a breast pump. If you can get your baby to take a bottle it will give you so much more freedom. It doesn't ALWAYS have to be you so if you're lacking sleep or tied up somewhere, Greg can get up and help. It also makes babysitting easier so you can go to the temple or on a date or whatever and leave a bottle. With the breast pump you are still giving your little guy the best nutrition you can with your milk but you're not so ON DEMAND which is kind of emotionally/physically straining those first few months. Almost every single one of my best friends exclusively pump bottles and they have all liked it.
And, not to make this long or anything.. :) My favorite books I've had are the "BabyWise" books. They teach you how to get your baby on a schedule and really help!
Hope some of that helps! Congrats again!
-Holly
Well, I'm sure I'll talk to you about some of this stuff, but get a sleep positioner (the one that's a ramp) so your baby doesn't get a flat head. They sell them at Target. Also any burp clothes other than the cloth diapers, are a waste of fabric--they don't hold any spit. And as far as diaper pails, after trying many different ones with our first two kids, for the third, we just throw them in the dumpster. No diaper pails are "smell" proof--or maybe our baby's just have really stinky diapers :)
Yay Boys are SOOO fun!!!
Here are our LOVES:
1. "Babywise" Books- The scheduling ideas helped make our little one a Near perfect child!
2. Ebay has TONS of awesome clothing and shoes for so cheap! (I got little brand new Pumas for Zach for $5)
Other places that I love for Boys clothes: Old Navy, Baby Gap, Crazy8.com, The Childrens Place, and GARAGE SALES!
3. Pacifier Clips... This way you will never have to wash the Bink off when it drops.
4. And for nursing, I loved LANOLIN cream and The Nipple Shield was the only thing that got me through sometimes...
CONGRATS again! We are so excited for you guys!
hmm...i think the one thing that i would recomend is a good swing. We love our Fisher Price Papasan Swing....LIFESAVER! My newbies have spent several nights swinging away. As for bottles the Playtex Nurser with the brown bottle nipples were our fav especially since we travel so much cause you can just get a new bag and not have to wash a bottle on the go. Its so hard to ask opinions because everyones are so different, every baby is different. I hope we don't confuse you more. Good Luck!
Carly,
First of all Raun and I are so excited for you both and completely jealous that you are having a boy!
Things I have found useful:
1. Sling/Snuggie-- well that's what I call it but it's the baby packs that you can keep them nice and close. Haley hated it but Grace loves being all wrapped up with mommy.
2. Milk storage bags- these are commonly forgotten until you really need them. Storage is what will give you a chance to sleep and Greg to feed.
3. I agree with the pampers diapers. I love the "baby dry" but the swaddlers are great when they still have their cords.
4. a comfortable track suit-- heather recommended this to me and I don't know what I would have done with out it. Though I truly believe you will be like me and back in normal clothes quickly, tons of people come over to visit and putting on tight uncomfortable clothes is a drag. It helps eliminate the pressure of having to find something cute and clean when you are so exhausted.
5.This is not something to buy, but do not feel pressured to do anything. This is a huge transition and greg and you make the calls. If you are tired make the crowd leave. If people are trying to boss you around with what to do with baby, tell them it's not there business. Like I said, this is about Greg, you and the baby and what you two think is best. It gets really frustrating when everyone it throwing their opinions at you.
Post a Comment