Jan 14, 2009

BOY we were right!

We’re having a BOY!

Our appointment was changed for today! Greg and I were so excited when we woke up this morning we could hardly wait! Greg was even chanting ONE HUNDRED, ONE HUNDRED, when I was getting weighed. Too much of our surprise, I weighed 99 fully dressed :)

I wish someone could have filmed Greg when they told us we were having a boy. He was jumping up and down with a HUGE smile from ear to ear, saying I’m going to have a little buddy! Oh I love Greg, he’s so funny.

Cute little face

He's facing forward with his arms tucked behind his head
Our baby looked very healthy and he’s measuring a week early, but they’re not going to change my due date just yet. He could just be a big baby...YIKES! He definitely wasn’t shy and was moving all over the place; he even flipped around during the ultrasound. We’re going to have an active little guy! He’s been kicking and moving around like crazy since 16 weeks! Now we’re just going to have to come up with some names! We had a girl’s name all picked out, but that’s not going to help us now!
This is Greg VERY excited!

14 comments:

Chelsey and Casey said...

I can't read ultra sound pictures very well, but that is one handsome little guy! I love that Greg is so excited-- and that facial hair is rockin!

Cassie said...

Hooray! It's nice to be right once in a while. What a cute little peanut.
How about Allistair for a name?

the h fam. said...

i knew it!! that's what i voted for! that is SO exciting! i'm kind of hoping for a boy in the back of my mind because i never had brothers, but i mainly just want a healthy baby!! YAY for babies!
... and i can't believe you only weigh 99 lbs! well i can believe it, but the last time i weighed 99 lbs was probably in the sixth grade!! i may be 5'9, but still, you go girl! :)

Mrs. Haynie said...

carly!!! i was coming on to post that you better call me tomorrow to tell me what happens, and was so pleasantly surprised to find out today! hooray! im so excited for you. it makes it so much more real and fun now that you know what the sex is. and i can totally picture greg jumping up and down all excited. so funny.

Cassie said...

Yeah, I am so excited for you! I'm starting to plan for a boy shower now!

Nicole said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys! And Travis thinks Greg should shave. hahaha.

Tiffany said...

Congratulations! I'll have to put my Princess Alice book away for later (although Liam loves me to read it to him, so maybe I'll still send it). Liam said that Greg's face looks weird. :) He's excited to have a little boy cousin!

Alli said...

Yay! I am so excited for you! A boy! I voted that you were going to have a boy for your poll, haha! That's awesome! You are going to be the best parents!

Melanie said...

Congratulations! That is so great!

Crafty Cowgirl said...

I am so happy for u guys! I cant wait to for my turn and to see Daves reaction when it does finally happen..I hope its as precious as Gregs....Greg looks so precious...A proud papa to be!

The Goldade's said...

I am so excited for you guys!!! Yay a BOY!!! You look so cute and that 3D or 4D picture is awesome. My bother had that done as well with their son. It's cool that you can see his face!! 99 pounds!! I love it! You are too cute!!

Kacie said...

Congrats! little boys are so fun especially for your first when you have a lot of energy!I can't believe you are like 5 months and dont even weigh 100 pounds-you are lucky!

Alli said...

We're having a boy as well!! I found out the same day you did. My family is flying into Salt Lake to take my little brother to the MTC so she wants to throw me a family baby shower then. I'm waiting to announce the gender because she wanted to call it "The Big Reveal." haha.. aren't mom's funny. I love it.

I'm so excited to be a mom!!

Nikki said...

Carlyyyy!!! I found your blog through Dawn and Spencer!! I am so happy for you that you are having a baby! You'll be the cutest little mother!!! Ahhh!!