I'm sure many of you have seen tons and tons of science experiments on pintrest. Well this mom has decided to put some of those pins to good use. At the Young house we're going to try and do at least one science experiment a week, scouts honor! We started with a simple experiment first. We blew up a balloon with vinegar and baking soda.
Things you will need:
Empty bottle
Balloon
Vinegar
Baking Soda
Funnels
First we filled the empty bottle about 1/3 of the way full
Next we used a funnel to fill the balloon with baking soda half way full
Very carefully put the balloon on the bottle neck without dumping any of the baking soda into the vinegar
Last by not least lift the balloon straight up so the baking soda dumps into the bottle and you may want to hold on to the balloon and bottle neck so the balloon doesn't come off.
Logan loved this! We ended up doing it a few times but I eventually ran out of vinegar! Looks like I'm going to be buying a BIG bottle of it soon! There's going to be many more science projects in this house, just wait! :)
I loved all the smiles and WOWS that I got from doing this!




1 comment:
So fun!
Post a Comment