Aug 24, 2009

Mackinac Island

Our last day in Michigan we made our way up to the U.P. (The Upper Peninsula for all you non Michiganders.) Mackinac is an island that has a historic fort and was known for its fur trade. It’s also known for its DELICIOUS fudge. There are 17 fudge shops on the island and they give out free samples of all sorts of different fudge. Of course we tried about every different type of fudge imaginable. Good thing no motor vehicles are allowed on the island so we could walk off everything we ate!

Logan and Greg at the fort





Greg thought this was pretty funny...

They do reenactments at the fort
Cool rock formation

Cool old carriage

5 comments:

Chelsey and Casey said...

What a sweet little family you are. I miss your mama, tell her hi!

Tiffany said...

Wow, I have to comment. Mackinac Island is one of my favorite places. How cool that you got to visit there this summer! I love that you can only bike or walk and isn't the water SOOO blue?! I love it. Hope you had a good summer!

Johnson Family said...

How easy was it to maneuver with a small child? we meant to get up there this June but wound up getting way to busy, I think we might try to make it next weekend...

Greg and Carly said...

It was really easy, plus Logan is a really good traveler. Maybe a little hard to push the stroller up the hill to the fort...but that's what Greg was for :)

Johnson Family said...

Thanks Carly, Athena is great as well when traveling, partially why we do it so often.

Hopefully Jay wont mind pushing the jogging stroller all day but that's what guys are for:)