
Well, I’ve been packing my hospital bag and I wanted to ask all the mothers what they loved having at the hospital. Did anyone pack something special that’s not on the normal hospital check list? I want to make sure I have everything to make my stay as comfortable as possible. Thanks!




10 comments:
Hey Carly, I think the most important thing for me was to have my "normal clothes" on hand and all of my make up, etc. It made me feel much better to just get up and around! Although, I've been informed that not all mama's can fit into their "normal" clothes so bringing sweats would be great.
Oh, and a really comfortable pillow!
I loved my IPOD and headphones
Gum
Tylenol
A brush
Shampoo and conditioner
Pick
Camera
Phone and charger
pajamas that can be ruined if needs be since you bleed like crazy
book
underwear
nursing bra (if you choose to nurse)
diaper bag with a change of cute clothes for baby
toothbrush and paste
car seat for baby but greg can bring up when he comes to get you which is what brandon does
pads
lansinoh soothing gel nursing pads (at k-mart) they are so nice if you are nursing and lanolin cream
chapstick
treats like lifesavers, etc...
warm socks
just some stuff I liked having but some are not necessities. hope it helps
I brought my makeup and hair stuff so I could feel like I looked ok for when people came to visit and it just made me feel better to get somewhat ready even though I stayed in bed all day. Bring your camera and hand it over to Greg to get those first pictures!!
I brought my laptop and while Brayden was sleeping I updated my blog and surfed the internet. I also brought a book to read. Don't forget the lanolin cream if your nursing!!! The hospital sent me home with a bag of diapers so I wouldn't bring any. A cute little outfit to bring the baby home in and blankets to wrap him in cause you don't get the ones from the hospital. jsut whatever that will entertain you for when your not sleeping...cause you'll probably do that alot! And don't feel bad to ask the nurses to take him so you can sleep better! you'll need it there cause you wont get it at home!! Good Luck!! I can't wait to see him :)
I loved having a robe and slippers. It really made you feel at home and sometimes its cold in the hospital. Also, we didn't have premie clothes and that is what Brynn needed, so you may want atleast one outfit because she weighed less than they thought plus she was 3 weeks early. Pending on your situation. LOVE YOU!! :0)
Everything that I was going to say has been said, too! :D I loved having a robe and slippers! I wish someone would have told me how scary I looked so I would have put on some make up--and for that those face cleaning wipes would have been SO nice--much easier than washing face in the shower! :D lol!! And, the hospital can be boring, but if you have normal delivery you may only be there for 1 day! --i was there for 3 b/c i had a c-section--! And seriously, the best stuff you need is lansinoh [if you nurse]-- it's THE BEST, the cream and the nursing pads!! Oh, and bring a couple outfits in different sizes in case your little mr is a lot smaller or bigger than you think--my bet is that he'll be itty bitty!! So cute!! I'm excited for you!! OH WAIT---don't forget your CAMERA and charger, and a cam-corder, if you have one--that's uber imprtant! :D ok I'll be done now!! lol
If you plan to use a Bink and you dont want your baby getting hooked on those green hospital ones... Bring the kind that you like and want him to use! I have heard so many moms that buy those cute binks and their baby wont take them when they come home bc they only want the green hospital ones. I was glad I had mine with me! Everything else is listed above! We are excited for you guys!
So basically everything that I liked having has been said, make up, computer shampoo conditioner...but one thing that I liked having was a night gown with a few buttons on top. The nurses like you to be in a nightgown for most of your stay because they are always checking down there, but its hard to nurse with a nightgown that doesn't have buttons to whip it out ya know! other wise your pulling up your entire nightgown just to nurse, no fun, so my mom went to Ross really quick and grabbed me a few with buttons, way better!
Thanks for this post! There are so many things I have bought for my hospital bag because of the comments. Thanks!
[ps] doesn't it suck when you accidentally drop something and you have to bend over and pick it up. I usually spend a full minute looking at the item I dropped and contemplate whether I really need to bend over and pick it up... just something I thought you could relate to!
for greg a Nintendo DS. it is a long time between contractions
Kerry
For me- I loved having my robe.
For baby- My baby ended up in the NICU they let us give her her blanket. She was so cozy in it and it was a lot nicer than the ugly hospital ones. She still uses the same blanket to sleep in. So I would bring a blanket just so he can have a little touch from home.
Good LUCK!
Post a Comment