Jul 16, 2012

Summer Vacation

The kids and I took a random trip to visit Grandma and Grandpa Hileman in Michigan.  Greg had to be in Utah for three weeks so we decided, "What the Heck!"  We stayed for three weeks, and even though we missed Daddy, we had a fun time!

Logan was Grandpa's little buddy!  They went everywhere together, the Marion county fair, the stock yards, tractor and mule rides out to see Grandpa's cows, Logan was in Heaven!  He actually got to spend some time outside!

I took Logan to the city park where I used to play when I was a kid.  My parents actually left me at this park by mistake when I was little!  They didn't notice that I was gone until they were putting kids to bed!  Haha oops!
The play equipment is the same from when I was a kid, except the paint job!



He wasn't happy I climbed up and left him behind!


We also went to the local library story time and they had a day about bats!  Logan thought it was pretty awesome! 

This is Michigan's Big Brown Bat!
African Fruit Bat
Logan met a new friend at the library! 
Playground at my mother dears school


Swimming at the Carlstrom's!


Buddies! 


This is Bella to a T!  Binky and a soft blanket!

With Great Grandpa Huntley
 

Swimming in Lake Michigan!  Emily putting on sunscreen! :)
I wasn't sure how Bella was going to like the sand but she loved it!
My Mom and Clarke

Em and Bella
My kids loved the water!  I couldn't keep them out of it!

Logan would get so cold his lips would quiver!  I made him take a few breaks but he wasn't happy about it!
Mommy and Bella
The kids climbed on the buoys!  Corie and I even climbed and stood up on them!

Keeping cool!

Brad buried the kids in the sand!  Ellen was a mermaid and Logan was a shark!

I couldn't believe how much Bella loved being in the water!
Happy 4th of July!  Cassie made matching bows for all the girls!
Bella hasn't really ever seen any babies smaller than her, so she was very interested in baby Clarke!
The only picture I got of the three of us!
4th of July parade


I love how his ear is folded over!

We love fire trucks!  Especially the truck that Uncle Joe sells! :)
My dad is part of this tractor club!


It's Grandpa!



Swimming in Joe's Lake!


Emmy's first jump in the lake!  The girls were brave and the boys watched from the sidelines!



Ellie and Em jumping with their dad!
Isn't she just a doll!
Nice jumpin' Ellie!


My mom, Cassie, Grandma Hileman and I made over 200 cookies in one day!  My mom made the dough, we baked, frosted, and packaged them up for the Win For Brynn 5K.  It was a fun day!


Logan and Great Grandma taking a little rest!
Bella loved Grandma!  Every time grandma would sit down Bella would come over to her with her hands raised in the air!
Win for Brynn!

I did actually push the stroller!  Don't let the pictures fool you!  But I'm glad I had some help or I wouldn't have made it through the course!
Pushing the kids up a stump and root filled hill in the forest!
Em and I walking the 5K
Girl Power!  Our Megan won the race beating everyone else by an entire minute!  Yahoo!  
Billy running with Brynn in the kids race!
Logan ran too, but he kept getting distracted by the people cheering for him!
See what I mean! 
Redneck picture in the mule!

Logan shooting a sling shot!  
Cassie has a really good picture of Logan shooting it.  Hint Hint Cassie! (Send me that picture please!)
Grandpa and his Pal!
Bella riding Sandy at Aunt Corie's house
Wow!  Having cousin's around is amazing!  They kept Logan entertained for hours!  Logan called Noah, My Noah!  It was so cute!

Happy Birthday Cassie!


Make a wish!

We had so much fun in Michigan that we're going back next month for my cousin's BIG wedding!  Can't wait!  I love and enjoy my family so much!  We always have such a great time together!

1 comment:

Corie said...

Fun pics. will you either send them or post to fb?