Well a few of you have been asking about my labor and delivery so here it is…it’s kinda long and I’m sure boring to some but that's ok… I started having contractions on Sunday, May 31, 2009 around 7am. Nothing to serious, they were very random and not very strong, I even got some sleep in between them. By 1pm my contractions were eight to ten minutes apart and still not too serious. Finally, by 9pm my contractions were five minutes apart so we headed to the hospital. Unfortunately, I was only dilated to 1 ½cm so, Greg and I walked the hospital halls for an hour. They checked me after walking and no change so they sent us home around 11pm. Dang... By 3am my contractions we WAY stronger and two to four minutes apart. Ouch! Greg thought I was dying (and so did I) and I’ve never seen him move so fast in my life. We made it back to the hospital in no time. This time I was dilated to 5cm and luckily fifteen minutes later I was feeling relief from my wonderful epidural. Greg and I were able to get some sleep after that, well kinda, those nurses sure do check on you consistanly! By 8am I was dilated to 8cm…Yes I know my labor took forever…By 2pm I made it to 10cm and was able to start pushing. I actually watched everything with a mirror and it really helped me push and to see my progress. Our Little Logan was born at 3:23pm, June 1, 2009 with the help of a vacuum extractor. :)
Now we’re home and doing great! Logan is a pretty easy baby and hardly ever cries. He has actually been getting at least 5 ½ hours of sleep a night. My mother is here to help us and it’s been fabulous! I’m going home to Michigan on the 20th with her to stay for a month or two while Greg’s out traveling for the summer.
Logan has this little lip quiver when he gets mad and I think it's cute but sad at the same time! He didn't really like his first real bath so he was a little upset...




12 comments:
I am glad that it all went well and that greg could be there with you. That will be fun to be with your mom in michigan. I just got back from visiting my sister and her new baby!! Enjoy your time with Logan!
Oh I love this! :) :)
So glad everything is going good! Can't wait to meet the little guy, even though it might be a while!
I'm glad everything went well and epidurals are wonderful aren't they?! He is so cute! How's the recovery going? It will be fun to go be with your mom-I wish I lived far away from mine just when I had a baby so they had to come stay and take care of me instead of leave at night to go home and sleep!
what a cute little boy you have! I'm glad everything went well! I can't wait to meet him!
Carly he is so cute!! I bet you are having the best time! So sweet :-) I hope you have a safe trip to MI and have fun!!
How cute is that. Thanks for posting the labor and delivery, I've been wanting to know how it all went. He's so cute. I'm glad your mom is there to help, can't wait for more updates on your cute bundle of joy. We love you guys!!!
congrats you guys! He is so cute and I bet he was worth every second of pain. I also had a really long labor with my first, reading your post brought back memories. I love the lip quiver, so cute!
I love that lip quiver! Can you try to make him do that on Friday when I meet him? ;) Haha just kidding. Can't wait to see you guys!
Love the bath video! That is the same quiver and cry that Noah had as a baby! Too funny!
Logan is so cute! I'm glad everything went smooth, even if it did take forever. I'm sure that i will end up going to the hospital to soon also!
Carly! He is so cute! That cry was so cute. How is it being a new mom? I am glad that everything went smoothly. Let me know what you need so I can give it to Greg next time he comes to our office.
Post a Comment