Mar 14, 2009

Cute Animal Blanket

Greg keeps telling me that I need to keep myself busier... Since the Axp building is right next to Porters, I decided to take a stroll around and this is what I found to make…


What a wonderful idea! This way your baby won’t lose their stuffed animal out of a stroller or car seat. Porters has everything ready, the minky cut and the directions written out. All you have to decide is what animal and color minky you want and they are SO soft! I can't wait to wrap our little tiny in it!

Now I need more ideas to keep myself busy. Can anyone think of something else I can make for our little boy? Any other ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

11 comments:

Crafty Cowgirl said...

Cute!I don't have any ideas for youbut... I have been thinking of getting a sewing machine and trying to make clothes- there are some really cute shirt/skirt/dresses patterns at walmart. I'll prob try it after the summer and ask for ur expertise advice/ supervision at times. If that's ok.

Crafty Cowgirl said...

ok i found this- maybe u can make one of these?
http://www.graceviolet.com/2008/08/how-to-embellish-baby-wipe-case.html

Chelsey and Casey said...

So cute, Carly! You will have to make me one of those when I have a baby! :)

Daija said...

What a great idea! Very cute. I made a nursing cover for our little one. You can find patterns online. I used this one:

http://www.blisstree.com/breastfeeding123/free-pattern-to-sew-your-own-nursing-cover/

but I used rigeline (sp?) boning instead of corset boning. It was really easy. Anyway, good luck with everything!

Mrs. Haynie said...

hey, i made the giraffe one for heidi's baby shower this past weekend. it turned out SO cute... yours turned out so good...

Kacie said...

My sister bought onesies and ironed on the decal part and they are cute

Tanya said...

I made 2 of those, one for each kid! they are so cute! You should make some bibs and burp rags.

Sharon said...

Oh, i have lots of baby patterns... or the links for them, i'll email them to you

Alli said...

You are way too talented! I can't believe it... That's probably the cutest blanket I've ever seen...

Josh & Jennifer said...

scrapbook all of our fun times at school so baby young will know how to keep it real especially if you stay in Udaho. =) love you.

Corie said...

Okay, you should start on decorations for his room. You can make pictures for the walls or the big letters in his initials or his name--wait, "son" doesn't have a name yet :) You could also practice the vinyl lettering with your machine and make cute sayings to apply around the room. Anyway, just look at the Pottery Barn website for ideas and then go out to Hobby Lobby or Michael's with your 40% off coupon and ta-da, a cute nursery for your little guy! Believe me, you won't have much time for this once he arrives!